Alameda MOAA Alameda MOAA
Alameda MOAA Alameda MOAA
Alameda MOAA

Recent News:
(Published in last 30 days)

Alameda MOAA
Breaking News   
Register for News Story Emails

California Council of MOAA
Korean Ambassador for Peace Medal


If you are a Korean War veteran, you may be eligible for the Korean Ambassador for Peace Medal. The medal is an expression of appreciation from the Korean government to US service men and women who served in the Korean conflict.

To be eligible, the veterans must have served in country during the Korean War from June 25, 1950 to July 27, 1953. It is also available for the veterans who have participated in UN peacekeeping operations until the end of 1955.

If a veteran was a Navy service member and had served abroad a naval vessel, then he or she is eligible if the naval vessel was assigned into Korean waters during 1950 to 1953 time frame.

Please note that both men and women are eligible for this medal.  The military had support positions such as nurse, clerical and administrative, and other positions that were predominantly held by women service members.

The commemorative medals may be awarded posthumously. The next of kin, such as the spouse or descendants may apply for the medal on behalf of a deceased veteran.


To establish eligibility, you need a copy of your DD 214. The DD 214 need not be certified or notarized, but it should be legible.

There are no costs or fees to the family or to the veteran. There are no legal agreements that need to be, no documents to be signed.  This is an appreciation in the form of the Korean Ambassador for Peace Medal from the Republic of South Korea for the sacrifices, service and friendship of our American service men and women who served in the Korean War.

If you are eligible and have further questions regarding the submission process, contact any of the Solano MOAA Chapter officers for further information.

Alameda MOAA
Alameda MOAA